A Photograph and Its Story


This photograph was taken in February 2020, I did not realize that it had been taken. The first thing I did was print it out and put it in a safe place. I'm so glad I did that because the digital photography was lost.

His name is Nicolas; he is a person with a disability and is in a situation of abandonment, from a very young age he has lived in the “Little Cottolengo” home, along with many other people.

I spent all my summer helping and doing workshops as a volunteer for most of the people there, but not for Nicolas. I met him in the last days of January, because I went to visit his home, I brought bubbles and he loved them, from that moment we formed a very special connection. 

In the photo I'm blowing him a kiss and he is blowing me (I can't show his face because SENAME protects his identity), after having sung him a song. This photograph is very special, because Nicolas arrived in one of the worst moments, and he returned meaning to my life in every possible way. Due to the pandemic, I haven't seen him for more than a year. I look forward to that reunion. 

Comentarios

  1. That is a great story behind a photograph and I like that the photo is black and white. I hope you can visit him soon. It is cool that someone was able to capture the moment..

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My Favorite Piece of Technology

Catalina Díaz - English Beginner A: My Auto Biography